- The name of the casino is ‘Casino at The Corinthian’. Its address is 191 Ingram Street, Glasgow, G1 1DA (“the Casino”).
- The Casino is operated by Corinthian Clubs Limited (Company Number SC282420) (“the Company”).
- These Rules apply equally to members and other guests of the Casino.
- The Casino operates for social, recreational and non-political purposes and exists to provide members and guests with gambling, eating and other facilities during such hours as the Company determines from time to time. The Casino aims to provide and maintain premises of the highest quality and staff of the highest calibre but accepts no liability for any temporary or permanent failure to provide any or all Casino facilities.
- The Company shall control all financial matters connected with the operation of the Casino.
- Any person aged 18 or over is eligible to be considered for membership of the Casino.
- All applications for membership shall be made in such form as required by the Company. The Company may require ID documentation to be produced as part of the application process.
By applying for membership, you confirm that:
- the details you have provided to the Company as part of the application process are correct and complete and you will promptly inform the Company of any future changes to such details;
- you will be bound by these Rules, including any variations of them;
- you have not self-excluded from gambling and are not subject to any other legal restriction on your ability to gamble;
- you have not held an account with the Company or any other gambling operator (whether online or in a club) which has been suspended or terminated due to your wrongdoing or suspected wrongdoing; and
- you will not use or allow any person to use your membership for any unlawful activity.
- Applications for membership are accepted solely at the discretion of the Company. The Company has the right to refuse any application for membership for any reason and without giving any explanation. A successful applicant shall be given notice of acceptance of his or her membership application.
- The Company may give benefits to some members that differ from those given to other members. This may include a reduction in or exemption from fees and subscriptions and will be at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Any member may resign his or her membership at any time by giving the Company written notice of resignation. Resigning members shall not be entitled to a return of any membership fee or subscription or any part thereof.
- The Company shall have the right to terminate the membership of any member for any reason without giving any explanation and without returning that member’s membership fee or subscription or any part thereof.
- The Company shall have the right to refuse any member or other person entrance to the Casino or any part of the Casino at any time or prohibit any member or other person from taking part in any particular game or games. Membership does not guarantee access to the Casino.
- The Company may levy fees for membership of the Casino. These fees and subscriptions shall be fixed by the Company from time to time. The Company may charge an entrance fee for each visit a member or guest makes to the Casino. It shall be entirely within the Company’s discretion to raise, lower or waive any such fees and subscriptions.
- 1. It is not necessary for an individual to become a member in order to enjoy the facilities of the Casino but non-members may be asked to provide ID documentation or other necessary personal information at any time and the Company reserves the right to require an individual to become a member before entry or further play is permitted.
- Members and guests must exercise their own judgement when gambling and acknowledge that they have not relied on any statement or advice from the Company in deciding to place any bet. The Company will not be held liable for any gambling losses incurred by members or guests.
- No member or guest may participate in gambling at the Casino on behalf of any other person or lend money to any other person.
- No game of hazard or chance shall be played at the Casino other than in accordance with the laws in force relating to that particular game or games.
- The Company may set the maximum and minimum stake for any game. This may vary from time to time.
- No credit shall be given, provided or facilitated to enable any person to take part in gambling.
- All members who wish to self-exclude from the Casino will be invited to do so under the scheme known as SENSE, the rules of which can be made available on request. By self-excluding, members agree to abide by the rules of the SENSE scheme thereafter.
In consideration of the Company permitting entry to the Casino, the following terms are applicable to, and binding upon, (i) persons entering or seeking to enter the Casino who self-exclude from gambling or have self-excluded from gambling via SENSE and (ii) any third party who gambles in the Casino on behalf of any such person:
- Persons who self-exclude (or have self-excluded) via SENSE agree not to enter or attempt to enter the Casino (and not to seek, request, procure or otherwise encourage any third party to enter or attempt to enter the Casino to gamble on their behalf) whilst enrolled on the SENSE scheme and, should any such person do so or attempt to do so otherwise than to exercise his or her right to be removed from SENSE, he or she will be considered to have breached that agreement.
- Neither the Casino nor the Company (or any of its staff) will be liable for any matter whatsoever if any person who has self-excluded via SENSE enters, or any third party on his or her behalf enters, the Casino whilst self-excluded through the SENSE scheme and he or she is and/or any such third party is able to gamble.
Persons who self-exclude (or have self-excluded) via SENSE accept and agree that if they gamble, or if any third party on their behalf gambles, in the Casino whilst they are enrolled with SENSE, otherwise than in circumstances considered by the management of the Casino in their sole discretion to be exceptional:
- money or money’s worth staked by them, or by any such third party on their behalf, and any winnings arising therefrom will be forfeited; and
- gambling losses incurred by them, or by any such third party where they have gambled on their behalf, will not be reimbursed.
and in the context of this rule, “money or money’s worth staked” includes (without limitation) not only money, money’s worth, gambling chips and/or tokens paid to and accepted by the Casino in respect of a gambling transaction but also gambling chips and/or tokens in respect of which, in advance of any gambling transaction taking place, money and/or money’s worth has been exchanged and/or money, money’s worth, gambling chips and/or tokens which have been inserted into a gaming machine or gambling terminal (whether or not any gambling transaction has taken place).
- The Company reserves the right not to pay any gambling debt in circumstances where it knows or reasonably suspects that a member has won money by way of cheating. In such circumstances, all stakes and winnings will be deemed forfeited to the Company. For the purpose of this rule, ‘cheating’ includes any conduct which seeks to remove or reduce the element of chance and or seeks to give any unfair advantage to any player. The Company shall have absolute discretion in deciding whether any activity amounts to cheating and also as to whether any such activity has in fact taken place.
- Members and guests acknowledge that the Casino is bound by strict anti-money laundering rules and regulations. If the Company requests information which it requires to comply with such rules and regulation, members and guests must promptly and fully comply with such requests. Failure to do so may lead to membership being suspended. The Company reserves the right to carry out independent enquiry into any member or guest for the purpose of anti-money laundering compliance, which may include the carrying out of credit checks. Members and guests consent to the carrying out of all such enquiries and checks.
- The Company reserves the right to withhold funds where it has knowledge or suspicion that those funds have been exclusively or partly obtained and/or transferred unlawfully, while the matter is investigated.
- If any cheque or other instrument given to the Casino by a member or guest for the purpose of gambling is dishonoured, the Company reserves the right to apply any funds held on deposit for that member or guest as a payment on account in respect of the relevant sum, at any time and without notice. In the event that the application of such funds on deposit does not clear the relevant sum in its entirety, the Company will continue to seek payment of the full outstanding balance from the relevant member or guest.
- No member or guest will be permitted to play at the Casino while any cheque or other instrument given to the Casino by such member or guest for the purpose of gambling remains dishonoured, unless the member or guest plays with cleared funds and has the express permission of the management. The Casino reserves the right to set any winnings arising out of such further play against the relevant sum before any winnings are paid out to the member or guest.
- The Casino is entitled to interest on any debt that is not settled at the end of the relevant gambling session or visit. Interest will be charged at the rate of statutory interest from time to time (being 8.5% per annum at the date of publication of these Rules) and is payable on demand.
- If a member or guest is winning against the Casino when he or she cashes out at the end of a gambling session or visit, the Casino reserves the right to redeem any of the member or guest’s cheques held by the Casino before paying any winnings to the member or guest.
- Any funds deposited by members or guests for use in future gambling are held in a Casino bank account and will be made available for the relevant member or guest to use. If a member or guest has not visited the Casino for a period of two years after making a deposit, the deposit will be treated as inactive and, in these circumstances, the funds will be returned to the member or guest, subject to applicable laws and regulations. If the member or guest cannot be found or refuses to accept repayment of the deposit, the Company may dispose of the funds at its absolute discretion.
- Funds held by the Company are not segregated from the other assets of the Company and are not protected in the event of insolvency.
- Gaming chips issued by the Company must be returned or redeemed on demand and are non-transferrable without the written consent of the Company.
Safety and Security
- For the safety and security of members and guests, the Company reserves the right to inspect any bags brought into the Casino.
- For the comfort of members and guests, mobile phones, cameras, recording devices and other portable devices must not be used whilst gambling or in areas where other members or guests are gambling.
- Members and guests must not remove or damage any property or other possessions belonging to the Company. The Company reserves the right to claim costs and damages in full from any member or guest for any such removal or damage.
- If a member or guest’s behaviour is deemed disruptive or unacceptable as a result of becoming intoxicated on or off the premises or for any other reason, the Company may take any action it deems reasonable, including but not limited to, refusing entry, insisting that the member or guest leave the premises or withdrawing the member’s membership.
- All property brought into the Casino premises by any member or guest shall be at the sole risk of the person bringing such property onto the Casino premises and neither the Company nor any employee of the Company shall be liable for any loss or damage to such property, howsoever occasioned.
- Neither the Company nor any employee of the Company shall, under any circumstances, be responsible to members or guests for loss or damage to vehicles parked, collected or driven by staff of the Casino, or loss of or damage to the contents or accessories of or in any such vehicle.
- Members should report any lost or stolen membership card to the Casino as soon as possible after the loss is discovered.
- Any membership card issued to members will remain the sole property of the Company and is returnable on demand. Members must present their membership card on the request of any member of the Casino’s staff.
- Membership is strictly non-transferrable and cannot be used or relied on by any person other than the member in question.
- No member shall give the address of the Casino in any advertisement or use the Casino’s address for personal, business or political purposes.
- All members and guests must adhere to the Casino dress code which requires all to be dressed to at least a smart/casual standard. Sporting colours and clothing bearing offensive messages is prohibited and the Casino reserves the right to refuse access to individuals wearing such items.
- The charges to be made for refreshments shall be fixed by the Company. No other food or drink is permitted in the Casino premises. Members and guests must pay any account due by them before leaving the Casino.
- Intoxicating liquor may only be sold or provided in the Casino while the Casino is open and prepared to receive members and only during the hours and within the conditions permitted by the relevant liquor licence.
- The Company reserves the right to shut off any portion of the Casino premises at any time or to close the Casino from time to time as it may deem necessary.
- The Casino and Company exclude their liability to members and guests to the maximum amount permitted by law. Should the Casino or Company be found liable to any member or guests, liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the membership fees and subscriptions paid by the member or guest in the preceding month.
- All disputes will be dealt with by Casino management and may be escalated in writing to the General Manager at the Casino’s address or by email to: email@example.com. If the dispute remains unresolved then any members or guests may escalate a gambling dispute to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service to seek resolution. Their guidelines and information can be found at ibas-uk.com. The General Manager’s decision shall be final in respect of non-gambling disputes.
- All notices posted by the Casino to the last notified address of the member shall be considered as having been duly given and received on the second day following posting.
- The Company may, from time to time, revoke, alter or add to these Rules. Any such revocation, alteration or addition shall be deemed to have been brought to the attention of members and guests on being displayed within the Casino and/or on the Casino’s website.
- If any of these Rules are found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining Rules will remain in full force and effect.
- These Rules may not be enforced by any third party.
- These Rules are governed by Scots Law.
- Nothing in these Rules shall prevent the Company from instituting legal proceedings in such jurisdiction as it sees fit and in those circumstances members and guests irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court in question.
Last updated – November 2019